I have a special surprise for you today. The Artful Parent, Jean Van’t Hul is here to share some of her favorite preschool art activities. Enjoy!
Do you have preschoolers or other young children?
If so, chances are that you are often on the look-out for fun, hands-on activities to do with them. Creative activities, such as arts and crafts, are excellent choices to slip in between playground visits, pretend play, and regular daily routines.
Here are more than 17 super fun preschool art activities from the 20 Moms group of bloggers:
Check out the art activities on this list, try one or two of your favorites now, and pin this post to save the rest for later.
Note: Most of these art activities can be enjoyed by older or younger kids as well as is or adapted slightly. Good to know if your preschooler has siblings.
17+ FUN Preschool Art Activities
1. Make your crayon drawings pop with the simple addition of hair gel over at Modern Parents, Messy Kids
2. Experiment with making edible paints from pantry spices at Kids Activities Blog
3. Set up a create-a-face activity on the easel at No Time for Flash Cards
4. Collaborate on an art journal with your child as Tinkerlab did
5. Try one of the many art activities inspired by Eric Carle’s books on Kids Stuff World
6. Create sculptures and build houses with popsicle sticks and a glue gun at Inner Child Fun
7. Make salt dough keepsake pendants with shells (or other fun items) at Red Ted Art
8. Decorate fish for a magnetic fish counting game on The Imagination Tree
9. Make family keepsake art on Peanut Blossom
10. Try this easy and colorful introduction to zentangle art on Lets Lasso the Moon
11. Make your own paint with water pages on Creative with Kids
12. Paint with frozen paint cubes on Hands on As We Grow
13. It Looked Like Spilt Milk art activity on A Mom with a Lesson Plan
14. Painting designs on kids’ arms on Teach Preschool
15. Exploring color and color mixing with monoprinting on Playful Learning
16. Body tracing activity for kids on The Artful Parent
17. Big art projects for small artists on Not Just Cute (and while you’re there, make sure to read her post about the benefits of arts and crafts (yes, both!) for kids)
For more preschool art activities, check out…
- 40 Ways to MOVE and Make Art
- Painting Activities for Preschoolers :: 11 Favorites
- 14 Super Cool Things to Do with Crayons
- 50+ Play and Art Recipes
What are your favorite preschool art activities?
Jean Van’t Hul is the author of the book The Artful Parent: Simple Ways to Fill Your Family’s Life with Art & Creativity as well as the chief kids art enabler at The Artful Parent. Click here to receive her free printable, 6 Simple Steps to Getting Started with Children’s Art.