Since we have been talking about reading books all week, I figured the best way to wrap it up is a list of 15 amazing ways to experience children’s books. Some ideas you have seen before, some will be new to you… but they will all be inspiring!
- Make a reading tent like this one from The Imagination Tree.
- Get your hands on some great positive princess books courtesy of No Time for Flash Cards.
- Visit the library.
- Bring children’s books to life with Pretend Play. (This book/activity from Imagination Soup is certainly going on our summer bucket list!)
- Make a book from a family outing like Visiting the Greenhouse from Not Just Cute.
- Give loved board books a new life by altering these books into a new treasure. Creative with Kids.
- Take it outside and enjoy a little book inspired movement.
- Read family bedtime stories using tips from Kids Activity Blog.
- Try Summer Reads Bingo just like Playful Learning did.
- Bring home a few cook books for kids, Inner Child Fun has made it easy!
- Make a paper bag book with Japanese binding, then have some fun filling it! Tinkerlab will show you how!
- Plan a lesson around a children’s book review.
- Track reading progress with a book tree. Let’s Lasso the Moon will give you all the details.
- Use children’s books to celebrate music like these recommended by The Artful Parent.
- Use a favorite children’s books to create a play.
What children’s book experiences can you add to the list?