Creating Christmas gift guides full of unique and inspiring gifts has been a blast! After sharing the practical (and fun) stocking stuffer ideas for kids I realized that I am not the only one who values gifts that will actually be used. Today we’re not talking about gifts for kids though, this Christmas gift guide is specially designed for Grandparents. Read though the list and then add your gift ideas in the comment section!
This post is sponsored by GrandBox and contains affiliate links. Thanks for supporting A Mom with a Lesson Plan.
4 Homemade Christmas Gifts for Grandparents
- Decorated Mug – I’ve tried the Sharpie mug technique before and it didn’t work out well. This post has some great tips in the comment section. It definitely makes me want to try again.
- Tea Towel – We made these kid art tea towels for Mother’s Day one year. I made sure I got one too. All of us Mom’s used them for a very long time.
- Golf Balls – How fun would golfing be with these pretty golf balls?
- Art Lamps – These art lamps are just beautiful and would make a great gift for Grandparents to use everyday!
4 Practical Christmas Gifts for Grandparents
- Art Frame – Lil Davinci Art Cabinet is a beautiful way to display and easily change art work. Give this frame with a beautiful picture for the holidays, then make a point to send you little ones art work to Grandma and Grandpa once a month.
- Memory Book – Years ago my sister found these great memory books for our grandparents. They loved it! And we loved looking through the carefully filled out pages. I couldn’t find the exact ones we used, but Memories for My Grandchild looks pretty close.
- Digital Photo Frame – A digital photo frame is a great way keep Grandma and Grandpa up to date with pictures. Load the memory card and give the photo frame full of precious pictures. Then you can easily add pictures through out the year.
- Cutting Board – I love this DIY personalized cutting board. Not only do I want to make one for the grandparents… I want one too!
4 Fun Christmas Gifts for Grandparents
- GrandBox – GrandBox is a way to show Grandma and Grandpa that you love them every month of the year. The monthly delivery comes as a fun gift box filled with items that center around a theme. The bonus is that you can have personal items like notes and pictures added in.
- Photo Blanket – Last year my sister and I got together and bough our parents a big photo blanket. We used one of the family favorites of all five of our kids together. It was a huge hit… and is still displayed on their couch.
- Send a Hug – For kids whose grandparents are far away sending a hug in the mail can be a great way to connect from a distance.
- Silly Book – Have you read How to Babysit a Grandpa and How to Babysit a Grandma? The reviews on both books are wonderful. What a fun Christmas gift for grandparents.
What Grandparent gifts have you given?
This post originally appeared on December 1,2014.