Today’s creative play prompt is a favorite at our house. Mostly because it allows Little M to make a mess and explore color without too much “mess stress” on my end.
Creative Kid Table Week 8: Color Mixing
One of the best ways to learn about colors is to experiment with them. For this creative kid table add red, blue and yellow food coloring to small cups of water.
Tips for successful creative play:
- If colored water makes you nervous … move this one outside or to the bathtub! Everyone will enjoy it so much more if you are not concerned about spills.
- Offer empty cups and cups with clear water for mixing.
- Use old medicine droppers or buy a set here. (affiliate link)
- Take it a step further by adding a paper towel.
Questions to get your kids started:
- “What happens if you add a little red to this cup and then add a little blue?”
- “Does the color change if you add more blue?”
- “Will the color be the same if you add the same amount to the cup that already has water?”
Have you experiment with colored water before?