It’s week 7 of the Creative Kid Table series. It’s been the perfect way to entertain the kids this summer while inspiring a little creative play.
Creative Kid Table Week 7: Draw a Story
Today’s prompt encourages a couple of my favorites! Art and storytelling.
Tips for successful creative play:
- Set out story cubes, cards or prompts. If you don’t have store bought story cubes, write out (or draw) a few story prompts. Keep them simple. (A bat, a flower, a rain cloud, a person sitting, a person running, etc.) We love Rory’s Story Cubes. (affiliate link).
- Set out colored pencils and plain white paper.
Questions to get your kids started:
- “Roll three of the cubes. What scene can you create using those three ideas?”
- “Pick 5 of the cards I drew for you. Use one to start your picture and then add to it using the other 4 cards. “
- “You start a picture with the cube that you rolled. I’ll roll a cube and add something, then your brother will roll and finish it up.”
More storytelling fun:
Add your favorite storytelling activity in the comment section.