Did you forget to plan some Earth Day activities for the kids? I did! It only took a quick Pinterest search for me to find some great Earth Day activities. I’ve divided them into ages… to make it even easier for you. Enjoy!
Toddler Earth Day Activities
- Painting with recycled objects is a great way to start talking about how we can reuse items. I love the way No Time for Flash Cards set up this activity. It looks so inviting.
- Hands on is the best way for toddlers to learn. This outdoor texture scavenger hunt from Hands On: As we Grow is a great way to introduce nature through play.
- Teach Preschool’s earth day fishing game is a fun way to start the conversation about the importance of recycling.
- I love contact paper, it’s perfect for toddlers. These stained glass Earth from Mom on Time Out are so simple… and so cute.
Preschool Earth Day Activities
- This easy bird feeder from Happy Hooligans is perfect for last minute! Just check your fridge, I bet you have everything you need.
- Adorable and easy earth cookies from Tammilee Tips would make a perfect Earth day activity for kids.
- Head outside and make art with nature from Vone Inspired.
- If you don’t already have a recycled stuff box in your art space… you should! These recycled robots from Fun at Home are with Kids are a perfect example of why!
Big Kid Earth Day Activities
- These animal grass heads from Wild Life Fun 4 Kids are ADORABLE!!! Can you imagine how creative your big kid could get with these?
- Beautiful and fun these paper mache globes from Housing a Forest actually light up! So cool.
- I’ve been collecting weaving and looming projects (I have big summer plans!) This Hula Hoop Rug from Spoonful is one I can’t wait to try.
- Create a bird watching journal like this one from Rhythm of the Home Blog and get ready to enjoy nature for weeks to come.
Share you favorite Earth Day Activities for kids in the comment section.