This is a sponsored post for which I’ve received compensation, but the opinions are 100% my own.
One of our favorite things to do as a family is play games. We all have our favorites and take turns picking which one to play. This weekend we had a few hours to fill, so we created our very own family game day.
It was even more fun than I hoped it would be. The kids had a friend over and she said she couldn’t wait to tell her mom about the fun we had. (Mark this one kid approved!)
I know you love family togetherness as much as I do, so today I’ve teamed up with L’il Critters™ Gummy Vites™ to share tips for setting up and executing a family game day at your house.
L’il Critters™ is the great tasting kid’s gummy vitamin that helps support your kid’s healthy habits.
Family Game Day Prep
It was important to give everyone a chance to shine. That meant picking the right games. The easiest way to pick the right games? Have each family member “bring their own game of choice.”
Pick the games – I gave everyone the chance to choose a game. It could be a game we owned or a game they made up. Tip: if someone is using a made up game make sure to get the rules clearly understood before the game starts.
Make medals – Ours were very simple. Cardboard from an old cereal box cut into a circle, two holes punched on top and yarn tied to make them wearable. Have everyone decorate one medal for their game.
Game Training – Spend some time training each other. The person who selected the game will be the coach. This is a great way to let your kids teach you something new. Think about what tricks, strategies or techniques you use when playing this game and pass it on to the rest of the family.
The games chosen for our family game day were:
- Hold a bridge. Who can hold a bridge position the longest?
- Trampoline laps. Run 10 laps around the trampoline without falling (while being showered with sprinklers).
- Obstacle course. Fastest time wins. Time deducted for knocking down the course.
- Putting. Closest to the hole wins.
- Draw a face. Who can draw the most smiley faces in one minute?
Now that everyone is prepped and excited to play… it’s game time!
Play – Make this time extra fun. Play hard and go for the win. Competing with your kids is a great way to teach them sportsmanship and how to have fun even if you don’t win. Plus, if you play for real they know when they have really earned the win. Like today… I’m the only one who walked away with no medal. I might call for rematch.
Celebrate – Cheer each other on and hand out medals after each competition.
Did you know to meet the recommended daily intake of fruits & vegetables, moderately active girls and boys would need to eat 1.5 cups of fruit and 2-3 cups of vegetables a day?*
As a mom, it is important to me to make sure my kids are eating healthy. But sometimes a busy on-the-go lifestyle or having a child who is a picky eater makes it difficult to ensure they have received adequate nutrition.
L’il Critters™ Gummy Vites™ help establish healthy habits, provide essential nutrients, are great tasting, and are made with natural fruit flavors and colors derived from fruits, vegetables and plants.
- L’il Critters™ has been infusing fun into children’s nutrition with its line of delicious kid’s gummy vitamins and supplement since 1998.
- L’il Critters™ gummy vitamins have no high fructose corn syrup and no synthetic (FD&C) dyes.
- L’il Critters™ Gummy Vites™ are gluten-free, and are made with natural fruit flavors and colors derived from fruits, vegetables and plants.
- L’il Critters™, the #1 kids gummy vitamin brand is a fun and delicious way to support your kid’s healthy habits.
*SOURCE: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and U.S. Department of Agriculture. Fruits and Veggies More Matters® April 2016. Available here.
What game would you bring to Family Game Day? Tell me in the comments for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 7/22/2016 – 12/31/2016