Family game nights are awesome, but they aren’t always practical. With school, sports, and other schedule filling activities, planning out an entire night to play games can be overwhelming. It can also mean it never happens.
Games have a great way of connecting us, they give kids a safe place to practice winning (and losing) gracefully, they teach patience and sometimes even math or reading.
Plus, playing family games is a great way to just have fun… together. That’s why games at our house are a priority. Right now our busy schedules don’t allow for a set game time, that means we need to be ready with the best family games for the amount of time we have. Luckily our game closet is well stocked.
So, how much time do you have??? I have the best family game for you…
(All links that go to Amazon are affiliate links. Thank you so much for supporting A Mom with a Lesson Plan!)
best family games for 5 min
best family games for 15 min
best family games for 30 min
- Lego Game
- Classification (The Pleasantest Thing)
- Spoons (Coffee Cups and Crayons)
- Uno Card Game
- Make ‘N’ Break
- Scattergories Junior (This one has a crazy amazon price right now, but you can find it on eBay for a reasonable price. Also keep an eye out at garage sales.)
best family games for 1 hour or more
- Phase 10 Twist
- Ravensburger Labyrinth
- The Settlers of Catan (BONUS! Yes this makes 26. We came across a new game about 6 months ago. EVERYONE loves it. It’s great for adults only and great for adults playing with kids. We decided to go with the original version (there is a junior version) and have been very happy with that decision. There are expansion packs you can buy (and an extension that makes this four player game a six player game). I see this being a game that is worth investing in. It will grow with us and be a game we play for years to come.)
You might also like:
- 4 Fun Learning Games
- Good Games for Toddlers and Preschooler
- 7 Simple Tips for an Enjoyable Family Game Night (What Do We Do All Day)
- Lego Card Holder
What do you think the best family games are? How long do they take to play?