Family game nights are awesome, but they aren’t always practical. With school, sports, and other schedule filling activities, planning out an entire night to play games can be overwhelming. It can also mean it never happens.
Games have a great way of connecting us, they give kids a safe place to practice winning (and losing) gracefully, they teach patience and sometimes even math or reading. Plus, playing family games is a great way to just have fun… together. That’s why games at our house are a priority.
Right now our busy schedules don’t allow for a set game time, that means we need to be ready with a game that fits perfectly into the amount of time we have. Luckily our game closet is well stocked.
So, how much time do you have??? I have the perfect game…
5 min family games
15 min family games
30 min family games
- Lego Game
- Classification (The Pleasantest Thing)
- Spoons (Coffee Cups and Crayons)
- Uno Card Game
- Sorry (Although the kids ganged up on poor Daddy and he won’t play anymore. ;( )
- Make ‘N’ Break
- Scattergories Junior
1 hour or more family games
You might also like:
- 4 Fun Learning Games
- Good Games for Toddlers and Preschooler
- 7 Simple Tips for an Enjoyable Family Game Night (What Do We Do All Day)
- Lego Card Holder
Do you have a favorite game not on the list? How long does it take to play?