I have to admit, the idea of a bucket list kind of creeps me out. I don’t know why exactly. Maybe because I prefer to think of things in terms of things I’d love to do. (Strong period there.) Adding in the … before I die, feels a little morbid.
However, the idea of a summer bucket list gets me all excited. Weird. The first time I saw a summer bucket list bucket I jumped out of my seat. What could I use as a bucket? I started jotting down ideas and waiting for the perfect time to make it a family affair.
Well the time has come. IT’S SUMMER!
To make our summer bucket list bucket I used an old yogurt container, construction paper, clothes pins and markers.
Our Summer Bucket List Includes
- Art week (or weeks). Read books on art and artists. Create art inspired by artists.
- Play the games we have and find new games to love!
- Visit the library weekly.
- Read Poppy Returns by Avi
- Read The Chronicles of Narnia: The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis
- Have a kids in charge day. Let them plan the entire day from start to finish. They cook, plan outings and have our full attention all day.
- Build a massive fort.
- Join the Double Page Spread challenge. (Better late than never!)
- Get a map of our city and use it to plan a day.
- Make a water wall.
- Create a sewing camp to teach Little M some basics.
- Create a Lego camp for Big M. (Including make Lego Maze.)
- Publish my eBook. (That one is all mine. )
- Make a shadow puppet theater.
- Balloons, balloons and more balloons.
- Visit 3 museums.
- Have a family date night.
- Hug, kiss and cuddle A LOT! Next year begins full days and both kids in school. I want to soak up every minute.
What’s on your summer bucket list?