One of my favorite things about summer is the amount of time we have to just hang out and be together. I love crafting and creating right along with the kids and I’m storing up ideas to add to our summer bucket list. There are more than a few summer crafts for kids on this list that I consider a must try!
Summer Crafts for Kids to Play With
I love crafts that kids can make and then play with. There is something wonderful about playing with something you have created. It makes play extra special.
- DIY Parachutes – Fave Crafts
- Pipe Cleaner Finger Puppets – One Little Project
- Monster Finger Puppets – Seven Thirty Three
- Pool Noodle Horses – My Crazy Blessed Life!
Summer Crafts for Kids to Hang Up
These four hanging kid crafts combine a creative experience with an adorable end product. I can’t decided which one I want to try first!
- Homemade Wind Chimes – Hands On: As We Grow
- Melted Bead Sun Catchers – The Artful Parent
- Glow in the Dark Jellyfish – Craftiments
- Sea Shell Mobile – Pink and Green Mama
Summer Crafts for Kids Outside
Summer is the season for outside play. I love these outside summer crafts. Perfect for kids and adults to enjoy together!
- Garden Stepping Stone – HGTV
- DIY Bird Feeder – She Knows
- Wax Boats – Housing a Forest
- Chalk Mandalas – Art Club Blog
Summer Crafts for Kids to Use
There is great satisfaction that come from creating something useful. These four summer kid crafts can be used again and again… I love that!
- Watermelon Wrapping Paper – Inner Child Fun
- Cool Off Necklace – The Tiny Funnel
- Tie Dye Shirt – A Mom with a Lesson Plan
- Paper Bag Kite – Rhythm of the Home (Unfortunate this post no longer exists. That happens. Here’s a Simple Paper Kite from Skip to My Lou)
What do you think? Anything here that you can’t wait to give a try? Make sure to pin the list so you can find it when you’re ready!
One more thing before you go…
Camp Mom! Summer Activities Pack includes:
~ Printable pages for summer planning.
~ Four Fun Summer Themes with over 80 Simple and FUN Activity ideas great for kids ages 3-9.
~ Adventure ideas and tips – you can have adventures without leaving your backyard!
~ Tips for managing sibling conflict, what to do with the toddler and how to enjoy a museum with your kids.
~ Book recommendations from Mom’s who love kid books!
Get yours today