As an extension of yesterdays housekeeping post, I thought I would make a request. I have discussed this with everyone who will listen to me blab about my blog, and have had mixed reactions on whether to even mention this or not. The thing is… I firmly believe in asking for what you want. It’s really the best way to actually get what you want. So here it goes.
I am asking you to leave me comments. Not on every post, but once in a while. While I understand that you just may be a quiet group of readers (I know you’re there… I can see the numbers) comments are actually pretty important. Want to know why?
Why leave comments?
- When I write these posts I’m basically having a conversation with you. I can’t see your expression, or hear your response, I don’t know if you are begging for more or moving on. A quick “hey, I liked this one.” would help me out a lot.
- I want to add and change things, but I don’t want to stray from where my heart is… inspiring a love of learning. When I try something new and get no feedback I have no idea if I should continue or cut it.
- Other people may benefit from what you say or ask. If a question pops into your mind, no matter how simple, there are probably others with the same question. If you have an idea that might enhance the activity, WRITE IT!!!! You just may inspire another reader to do a project they wouldn’t have otherwise done.
- It’s an ego boast. Okay… so this one is not really that important except that I do spend a lot of time working on this blog. A little pat on the back would be nice ;).
So now that you know why leaving comments is important, you may be wondering what to write.
How to leave comments.
- Extend the conversation. Don’t worry too much about how it sounds or looks. Just talk to me!
- Make it quick. If all you want to say is YEAH! It’ll make me smile… I promise!
- Make it looooong. I would love to spend sometime getting to know YOU!!! So pour your heart out!
- If you have a blog click the Comment Luv button just before you post. This will leave a link to your most recent post.
- If you want to hear what others are commenting after you (or what my response is to your comment) click the subscribe to these comments box. You can also subscribe to comments without leaving a comment, if you want to know what others will say. (The box is just below the Comment Luv box)
Okay, so I’ve told you what I want. Now tell me what YOU want!