Since I reviewed a book on Wednesday, I thought today’s review could be on something else we can’t get enough of around here. . .MUSIC!!!
Of everyone in our home Little M loves music the most. For her birthday we loaded an old MP3 player with some of her favorite songs and found these great portable speakers.
What I love about iLuv portable speakers
- They are light weight so Little M can bring them everywhere; her playroom, the kitchen table, the car, even outside.
- They are durable. So far, not even a scratch.
- Little M can turn them on and off by herself. (Which is good, because I can’t figure it out!)
- They are purple. Yep, that is the standard around here!
- It gives Little M another avenue to express her independence. She doesn’t have to wait for me to turn something on or listen to what everyone else is. She can go to a quiet place by herself and dance to her favorite tunes.
What is she listening to while she spins around the room? Well Laurie Berkner of course!!! We all love The Laurie Berkner Band. Her music is fun, catchy and even spouts a good moral once in a while. I admit I can be heard singing Fruit Salad Salsa, even when the kids aren’t around.
Which Laurie Berkner Band songs are our favorites?
- Fruit Salad Salsa (Victor Vito album) is a great song to get you moving. I especially like how the fruit all comes together. It makes for a great group dance.
- Moon Moon Moon (Victor Vito album) is the song that first grabbed me. It’s sweet, and soft. It’s in the mix of good night songs we sing before bed.
- I’m not Perfect (Victor Vito album) is a wonderful way to say “you’re not perfect, and you know I love you that way.” (It’s also an opportunity to bring up how I’m not perfect either).
- I’m Me and You’re You (Under a Shady Tree album) is a fun song that gently talks about differences. No big lecture here, just a simple I’m Me and You’re You, and that’s the way it’s going to be.
- We Are the Dinosaurs (Whaddaya Think of That album) is another get up and move song. The dinosaurs stomp, snack and rest. The directions in the lyrics are easy to follow and just plan fun to sing!!!
How do you add music to your day?