To celebrate Mother’s Day I am taking a little break. Well sort of. Instead of a lesson plan, this week I will be posting lists of LOVE. Simple posts about the reasons I LOVE being a Mom. That will give me a little extra time on the behind-the-scenes stuff. Last week I posted Mother’s Day card, gift and wrapping projects, so if you are working on prepping for this weekend don’t panic!
If you have a list of your own to add in the comment section. . .PLEASE DO!
Why I LOVE being Big M’s Mom.
- He keeps me moving. When I was pregnant with Big M, Hubs and I would talk about how much he moved. Did he ever sleep? Turns out, he moves in his sleep! He started walking (excuse me, running) when he was 7 months old. There is not a lot of lazy time where he is concerned and I kind of like it. I think I have a lot more energy because of him!
- He is smart, so very smart. I know every Mom says that, but I am not kidding. The other day he said to me “Mom, three sets of three is nine.” He gets math in ways I never have. I can already tell that I am going to have to learn alot to keep him challenged. Luckily I also LOVE learning!
- He looks like his Dad. Of course that makes me smile.
- He holds the door for other people. Sometimes it takes a really long time to get through a door, but I just love the looks strangers give this 5 year old kid who thinks to hold the door.
- He makes me laugh.
- He catches my eye and blows me a kiss at random points in the day.
- Cars. In my purse, shower, and car. Under my pillow, my seat, and my feet. I smile every time I find one.
- He’s kind by nature.
- I can see the best parts of me in him. And that brings tears to my eyes and makes my heart skip a beat.